Search Sitemap/Index Help
Use Search Sitemap/Index to view a listing of the pages and portlets in the portal. With the appropriate access, you can set the number of entries on each page. The default settings render only pages and list fifty entries at a time. The pages and portlets are displayed in a tree hierarchy.
Use the information below to view a list of pages and portlets on a portal. Note: In order to display portlets as well as pages of a portal, you must
configure the Search Sitemap/Index portlet preferences.
- Navigating Search Sitemap/Index
Click on the first page, next, and previous links to navigate through the list.
- Accessing pages and portlets
Click on the page or portlet link to go to that page or portlet. Clicking on that link will take you out of the Search Sitemap/Index portlet. If you click on a portlet, you will be linked to the page containing that portlet. The portlet window will be maximized.
- Changing locales
Click on the locale link on the first page. This will display the pages and portlets in the corresponding language. Locales are only listed on the first page of the portlet and are only displayed if they have been enabled. To go back to a locale, you must navigate to the first page of the portlet and then click on the appropriate locale link. For more information about enabling locale links see Setting preferences in edit mode.
Use edit mode to set the number of entries displayed, to display portlets, filter portal sections, and select which locales to show.
- Enter a number greater than ten in the Maximum number of links for a page field to set how many pages and portlets are display at a time. The default setting for this is fifty links and the minimum is ten. There is no maximum.
- Select Show Portlets to make portlets viewable. They will appear in hierachy under the pages where they appear. By default, Show Portlets is not enabled.
- Select Filter Portal Sections to enable filtering Portal pages. When Filter Portal Sections is enabled, only the sections selected in the list will be displayed in the Search Sitemap/Index portlet. If Filter Portal Sections is enabled but no sections are selected, the Search Sitemap/Index portlet will display a message saying that no pages are available. If Filter Portal Sections is not enabled, then all pages will be displayed. By default, Filter Portal Sections in not selected.
- Select Show Locales to display links to the available locaes on the first page of the portlet. Select what locales to display. If Show Locales is enabled but no locale is selected, then no locale links will be displayed.