05 circles i.e., Varanasi, Mirzapur, Prayagraj, Ghazipur and Azamgarh come under Irrigation (Mechanical) Department in Tubewell Varanasi Zone, under which 14 districts are covered. Under these circles, 5 circles of state tubewells and 01 circle of lift irrigation are operational. Under these circles 09 medium pump canal and 129 minor lift canals are operational and besides these 7195 state tubewell are also operational.
In Tubewell Varanasi Zone, total generated irrigation capacity was 628850 hectare from state tubewells in 2015-16, against which actual irrigation recorded in Kharif 1423 was 108846 hectare irrigation and 337051 hectare in Rabi crop 1423 by second fortnight of 03/2016.Total generated irrigation capacity in year 2016-17 is 638200 hectare, against which actual irrigation that was recorded in Kharif 1424 crop by 30.09.2016 was 114717 hectare.
In this way total irrigation capacity generated from minor lift canals was 82916 hectare in 2015-16, against which actual irrigation recorded was 25111 hectare in Kharif 1423 crop and 54764 hectare in Rabi Crop 1423. In year 2016-17, total generated irrigation capacity is 87205 hectare, against which actual irrigation that was recorded in Kharif 1424 crop by 30.09.2016 is 26546 hectare.
Under Varanasi region, against total target of 290 tails (total tail 313) of minor lift canals in Kharif 1424 crop, tail feeding done is 292 by the end of week 30.09.2016.
With the priority of state government, to provide irrigation facility to the farmers of Tubewell Varanasi Region under Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia New State Tubewell Construction Project, construction work of 676 new state tubewells has been completed in last 4 years i.e., 2012-13, 2013-14, 2014-15 and 2015-16, against which energization of 666 state tubewells has been completed and facilitated with the irrigation facility.
In this way, under Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia State Tubewell Re-construction Project, re-construction work of 245 state tubewells in last 03 years i.e., 2013-14, 2014-15 and 2015-16 has been completed against which energization of 238 state tubewells has been done and facilitated with irrigation facility.
Under modernization project of Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia State Tubewells, modernization work of 1496 tubewells and installation of pump sets and renovation of channels and pipe line has been completed.
Announcement of Hon’ble Chief Minister
- Construction work of 50 new state tubewells in Azamgarh district has to be done, construction work is on progress.
- Renovation of damaged channels of 122 state tubewells has to be done in Azamgarh district and financial approval of project is expected.
- Lift canal to be constructed in Mahdeur Niyamatabad on Garai river in Chandauli district. Project was inaugurated by Hon’ble Chief Minister on 08.09.2015. Project is proposed to be completed in financial year 2016-17.
- One electricity sub-station has been constructed for supply of electricity from independent feeder of small lift canals situated at Karmnasha river in Chandauli district. Project was inaugurated by Hon’ble Chief Minister on 08.09.2015. Project is completed.
- Capacity of Balua Pump Canal in Chandauli district to be increased from 50 cusec to 100 cusec. Project was inaugurated by Hon’ble Chief Minister on 08.09.2015. Project is completed.
- Renovation of pump canal in Kundakala village in Chandauli district has to be done. Project was inaugurated by Hon’ble Chief Minister on 08.09.2015. Project is completed.
New Project (Funded by NABARD)
- Construction work of Dhuriaghat Pump Canal in Mirzapur district. NABARD has approved the project. Construction work is on progress against approval of 150 lac in current financial year 2015-16.
- Construction work of Adsad New Pump Canal is on progress in Chandauli district.
- Construction work of Chari New Pump Canal is on progress in Chandauli district.
- Brick lining work of 12 pump canals is on progress in Chandauli district.
- Construction work of independent feeder on installed 03 pump canals in Ghazipur district. Project has been referred to Administration/NABARD for approval.
- Modernization work of replacement project of pump sets and equipment of state tubewells under Varanasi district is on progress.
- Re-construction project of 31 state tubewells under Varanasi district in on progress.